Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sr. M. Bernadette



(Aunt Bernadette) Sept 27, 1915 - Sept 14, 2010. 


Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

In her own words: 

"As a child I was attracted to the religious life through my mother's fervent spirit of prayer and faith. However, as I contracted polio as a child, it was believed impossible that I would be able to enter a religious order until one day when I went to confession.
In the course of my confession the priest asked me if I had every considered religious life. I explained my predicament. He was convinced this was not an obstacle and told me of an order in Canada which excepts persons with disabilities and cares for small children. I was delighted, but the journey was not over. Because I had little money, Canada (in those days) would not let me in for fear I'd be a burden to them.
After several years, God showed me another order, the Sisters of the LAMB OF GOD. It has been the special place God has prepared for me.
I am very happy here because we are most concerned about the poor, poor in many different ways. I like the life of simplicity like that of the Holy Family. The Eucharist which is the center of our life brings one much strength and the opportunity to present to God the people of the world who we serve or carry in our hearts."

No comments:

Post a Comment